How to create a Notion form
Use a Fillout form to create or update your Notion databases. Embed your forms in Notion or share them anywhere.
How it works1. Create your database in Notion2. Create your form in Fillout3. Select a database4. Map your questions5. Publish & ShareNotion specific guides
If you already have your database created in Notion, you can skip this step.
- In your Notion sidebar, click
+ Add a pageand select Database > Table.
- Create a
+ New Databaseas the data source.
- Give your database a name, and create the columns you need. You’ll need 1 column for every question.
- For each column, create a new property for the answer type you require (eg. Text, Select for radio buttons, Multi-select, etc).
- If you are using the “Select” and “Multi-select” properties, make sure to type in the options you’d like people to choose from.
Once you’ve added a column and property (and options, when needed) for every response field, 90% of your work is now done.
Nice work! Now you’re ready to sync it easily with a new or existing Fillout form.
- In your Fillout dashboard, click the
New Formbutton and pick
Notion formin the popup.
- Choose your theme (don’t worry, you can always change this later).
Connect to Notionand in the resulting authentication menu, you’ll be asked to allow access to your Notion workspace. Press
Select pagesto continue.
Tip: If you have multiple workspaces in Notion, check you’re connecting to the correct one. You can change your Notion workspace in the top right corner of this popup.
- You’ll now see a list of all of the pages in your workspace. Select the pages you would like the integration to be able to access, and then press
You can add and remove pages to this integration any time later inside your Fillout dashboard.
- If your Notion workspace hasn’t pre-populated already, simply press the dropdown menu and select it.
- Next, select your database from the dropdown menu. This is the database you’ll be using with your form.
Troubleshooting: Don’t see your database in the dropdown list? Check you have connected to the correct workspace and granted access to the page where your database lives.
Now you’ve connected to Notion and synced with your database, it’s time to create your form.
Fillout will pull your questions (and answer options, when present) directly from your Notion database.
Notion Columnsnow appears in the left sidebar of your Fillout form editor.
All the properties you set up in Notion are here. Simply drag & drop to start building your form.
To connect a new question to your Notion database, or check an existing connection, go to the dropdown menu inside Connected > Column to connect to in the right sidebar.
Tip: If you make changes in your Notion database that you want to reflect in your Fillout form, hit the Refresh Notion Connection icon 🔄
Once you’ve finished creating your form, you’re ready to go!
Publishand share. Form responses will now automatically populate inside your Notion database.
Fillout has many powerful features like branching and conditional hide/appear logic. No matter how complex your needs are, there’s a way to build it in Fillout.