How to create an Airtable form
Use a Fillout form to create or update your Airtable tables. Embed your forms or share them anywhere.
How it works1. Create your database in Airtable2. Create your form in Fillout3. Select a base and table to create records in4. Map your questions5. Publish & ShareAirtable specific guides
How it works
1. Create your database in Airtable
If you already have your base created in Airtable, you can skip this step.
- Once logged in, on your Airtable home page, press
Add a base
- Give your base a name, and create the fields you need.
- You’ll need 1 field for every question in your form (eg. Single line text for a short answer, Single select for radio buttons, Multi-select, etc).
- If you are using the “Select” and “Multi-select” properties, make sure to type in the options you’d like people to choose from.
Once you’ve added a field (and options, when needed) for every response field in your form, 90% of your work is now done.
Nice work! Now you’re ready to sync it easily with a new or existing Fillout form.
2. Create your form in Fillout
- In your Fillout dashboard, click the
New Formbutton and pick
Airtable formin the popup.
- Choose your theme (don’t worry, you can always change this later).
- Enter your
Airtable API Keyto give Fillout the ability to add to your tables. You can find your key on your Account page in Airtable.
Note: You can now use personal access tokens here, as well
3. Select a base and table to create records in
Troubleshooting: Don’t see your table in the dropdown list? Check you have connected to the correct base, and try refreshing the page or hitting the refresh icon.
4. Map your questions
Now you’ve connected to Airtable and synced with your table, it’s time to create your form.
Fillout will pull your questions (and answer options, when present) directly from your Airtable base.
Airtable fieldsnow appears in the left sidebar of your Fillout form editor.
All the fields you set up in Airtable are here. Simply drag & drop to start building your form.
To connect a new question to your Airtable database, or check an existing connection, go to the dropdown menu inside Connected > Column to connect to in the right sidebar.
Tip: If you make changes in your Airtable base that you want to reflect in your Fillout form, hit the Refresh Airtable Connection icon 🔄 , or refresh the Fillout page
5. Publish & Share
Once you’ve finished creating your form, you’re ready to go!
Publishand share. Form responses will now automatically populate inside your Airtable table.
Fillout has many powerful features like branching and conditional hide/appear logic. No matter how complex your needs are, there’s a way to build it in Fillout.